Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lords of Chaos - The Bloody Rise of Satanic Metal Underground Book Review

I bought this book a few months ago and I managed to finish a couple of days after purchase. It 'was an intense, but overall a good read, although the approach to the writing style rather than academic, it is necessary in my opinion, for a book, is the world's most popular music since the formation of the hexachord system of Guido d 'Arezzo record, encouraged the exposure of the satanic strings (Diabolus in Musica) back in 18th Century, to be taken seriously. Musiccalled Black Metal. It requires a melody, so people take the book seriously.

I have this type of melody since elementary school and a responsibility for introducing me to this music was heard anything from my older friends or relatives, but a local Malay tabloid. still confused in my memory without clouds, I was taken by this diabolical music from a tabloid newspaper article that a particular 2-page special was on, complete with freshImages and band logos. They also gave all these so-called satanic rock bands of reference for my problems. And that was in 1995, when my memory serves me.

I was very curious and very excited for the cat. It was like a huge whirlpool has sucked me in and there was no opportunity for me, this crazy obsession with pain, the superiority and the extreme aggression of escape. I try this, I said. It took me no more than 5 seconds to convert me a nerd in a metaland hard-rock-listening Nerd. Only a nerd, but a different kind of nerd. I did not buy more later next week for me, my first record. Talk about the ultra influential. I have a loyal fan and avid listener ever since. I am happy and satisfied, and my life was never the same again.

Enough about my history and metal can check out this book. Since the orientation of the book is quite academic, has been read, fairly deep, rush and most of the time, quite exhaustingas the authors of the study on its extension to the musician and his miniature circuit are extended. These include foreigners who have been directly involved with the satanic scene. Thus giving the reader more elaborative facts from different perspectives and angles to be distinguished.

Although there are several general issues referred to and discussed by the authors, I see that was the reason for publishing this book, more use of the knowledge of Norwegian Black MetalScene, the birthplace of what was known,) as the second wave of black metal (Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone, Immortal, Emperor, Enslaved, all the Norwegian bands. Pages was a piece dedicated to those early beginnings, the struggle for power, suicide, murder and churches burned, all that has happened in reality in Norway. If you do not know, Black Metal, once the most important export products in Norway. Norwegian black metal band in the appointment Grammy is normal there. I would like to seethis type of opening.

Two of the most important, very influential in the early onset of Satanic Black Metal in Norway, Aarseth aka Euronymous and Varg Vikernes aka Count Oyster Grishnackh were heavily pretreated in one of its chapters. Besides touching on the history and early development of the Black Metal sound, the book also interviews with who's who of the scene (the members of the infamous Inner Circle. Like the Norwegian Black Metal MafiaPress ") in computing and influence music around the world.

This is a good book, much to those who truly want to recommended depth in the music of the evaluation of music by its cover, because Malaysia had (still do) their fair share of controversy (known throughout the world, including Ian Christe mentioned the conservatism of Malaysia in his book "Sound of the Beast. Maybe we can live in trees) in connection with this most intolerable form of entertainment (yes, entertainment.Unbearable, but still funny).

No comments:

Post a Comment